Monday 3 August 2015

Positivity with Rachel




Hello to all who have not met me, my name is Rachel and you can find me over on Where She Goes. Nixie has very kindly asked me to speak on her blog about the importance of positivity but first, if you don’t mind a bit about me.

Top left: That is myself wearing a bin bag, your welcome.
Top right: I am a book and tea addict and couldn't be happier about it.
Bottom left: Exercise is embarrassment and torture and I plan on never participating in such activities
Bottom right: Now there's something I'll participate in!

Seriously though...

I am a twin and when he and I were born we were born prematurely, we were born early, 11 weeks early to be exact. Being born premature was a real shock to my parents but the bigger shock was that I was diagnosed with a disability called Cerebral Palsy. This is a disability that is physical and affects my walking. Of course though people don’t realise that being disabled affects me emotionally as well.
Being positive is something that has kept me going throughout my disability but throughout my normal life also. The importance of positivity for me is that if you have a positive mind it in return gives you a positive life.

Now that we have got the soppy bit out of the way, here’s 10 ways to stay positive:


1. FIND POSITIVITY IN A NEGATIVE SITUATION
I used to complain about the smallest things and pretty much anything could annoy me to the ends of the earth but by finding the positives in a negative situation I get less and less annoyed. This skill is actually really easy to do once you get the hang of it. When I get wrapped in the stress of something it gets on top of me I try to tell myself that:
A) "I don't care", which most of the time isn’t true but by saying this it makes me think that I have a tough skin and if you think it, it starts to become true right?
B) " It's okay” and most of the time it is, you just have to let all the negative things pass and trust me, they will.

2. DON'T FUSS OVER OTHER PEOPLE'S PROBLEMS
Everybody has their good days and their bad days and it's on these days when their problems come. On these days people appreciate a shoulder to cry/lean on and ears that are willing to listen but you need to remember that you can't let their problems become a part of your own life. You can obviously help this person in whatever way you can but if you transfer the weight of that problem on your own shoulders then your just adding more negativity in to your life and way of living and that's not what this post is about is it?

3. IF IT'S BOTHERING YOU, SORT IT OUT
Thinking about a problem more than you have to is only extending the course of negative thinking. When something comes up that annoys you then rather than ignoring it, hoping it will go away, try and deal with it ASAP. If need be, go out and buy the entire sweet section of Sainsbury's.

4. SMALL ISSUES AIN'T BIG ONES
If you continuously dwell on a situation or someone then you start a snowball effect in your mind. It becomes larger than it actually is. DON'T DWELL!! THAT'S AN ORDER!

5. STAY IN THE PRESENT
Letting your mind wander back past the present day or fast forward to much your left in a state of anxiousness and regret. Throughout your day remind yourself that life is what's happening in front of you and is RIGHT NOW and that you can't change your past or predict the future.

6. MAKE SOMEBODY ELSE HAPPY, SPREAD THE LOVE!
Whenever I have the opportunity to spread positivity I cease it seeing somebody smile because of you is an incredible feeling. Try to think if something nice you can do for somebody every day, for example, complementing strangers on their outfits. The world is a walking Pinterest advert if you look out ya window!

7. SPEND MORE TIME WITH PEOPLE WHO BRING YOU HAPPINESS
When people say that "hanging around negative people will cause you to feel negative as well" it's so cliché but it's SO TRUE! Try to limit your time with negative people, and think about the people you want to surround yourself with instead and treasure these people!

8. SLEEP, SLEEP, SLEEP ZZZZZZZZZ
Sleep impacts how we operate the next day so according to Science we need the right amount otherwise loads of bad stuff will happen. I'm kidding but with the correct hours of sleep we can improve our health as well as having more energy to be nice to people! YAY, WHOOO FOR NICE PEOPLE!

9. START YOUR DAY WITH A HAPPY NOTE
Being grateful for the day when you wake up can instantly put a smile on your face. If you think about it, you could've died yesterday but you didn't, surely that's got to make you smile. When you start your day on a good note your happiness and confidence levels rise throughout the rest of the day. Smile and repeat after me "IT'S GOING TO BE A WONDERFUL DAY!"

10. EVEN IF IT'S ANNOYING ON THE BUS, BLAST YOUR TUNES
Music is amazing isn't it?! When your broken hearted, BOOM there's a million songs at your fingertips written by people in your exact same position. Turn up your happy playlist and dance your way through the day.

 Big thanks to Rachel for taking the time to write this fantastic blog post. 
Defiantly make sure you check out her blog here its really great.

See you soon!

Love always,
Nixie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow
Powered By Blogger